Level 2 – Silver
Multiple sessions & Short Courses
These courses can be easily utilised as a set of guest lectures, a module for teacher training courses, or in depth CPD ‘crash courses’. They cover all of the ‘basics’ in depth.
Any of these courses can be tailored to dance teachers, dance students or those who support young dancers (parent/guardians and pastoral staff). Courses can be delivered in person or via Zoom and involve a combination of delivered content, discussion, reading and interactive tasks.
PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PHYSICAL MATURATION IN DANCE
Sessions can span childhood and adolescence or focus on childhood or adolescence more specifically.
Aimed at dance teachers
Total of 3 sessions. 1 x 2 hour session, 2 x 3 hour sessions
- Session 1 – introduction to the adolescent dancer
- Session 2 – introduction to growth and physical development in dance
- Session 3 – introduction to psychological development in dance
- This course briefly delves into implications for teaching practice and includes a follow up session on zoom for questions and discussion – 1 hour within 6 months of session.
Sessions on psychological development can span childhood and adolescence or focus on one specific developmental stage.
These sessions will cover the developmental tasks of childhood and/or adolescence, how to facilitate healthy development and promote mental health and wellbeing in children and young people in the dance studio. Explores the ways in which the social, emotional and cognitive growth of young people can be fostered as part of their dance education and offers the teacher a theoretical basis and practical strategies for attending to these issues.
PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PHYSICAL MATURATION IN THE DANCE STUDIO
Aimed at those with basic knowledge already. Updates knowledge on physical and psychological development in dance and explores dance teacher practice in depth. Sessions can span childhood and adolescence or focus on childhood or adolescence more specifically.
Aimed at dance teachers
Total of 5 sessions. 1 x 2 hour session, 4 x 3 hour sessions
- Includes lecture-based delivery, discussion, reading and interactive tasks
- Combines introduction to the adolescent dancer, introduction to growth and physical development in dance, and introduction to psychological development in dance.
- The final session focuses on best practice and practical application e.g. rehearsing approaches to conversations with students or parents; discussion and sharing of best practice.
- Includes follow up session on zoom for questions and discussion – 2 hour within 6 months of session.
MY DANCING BODY: A SERIES OF WORKSHOPS FOR DANCE STUDENTS
Aimed at adolescent dance students who want to explore the implications, challenges and benefits of the adolescent body in dance. Informal workshop style sessions with interactive tasks, reflection and discussion. Starting a dialogue as opposed to lecturing students. Culminates in a healthy dancer handbook with students exploring their individual challenges and strengths of their growing body and planning how to care for and support their body during this time.
Specially designed for dance students
3 x 2 hour live workshop sessions
- Includes interactive delivery, discussion, reading and interactive tasks
- Reflection on own experiences
- Tasks to explore challenges, benefits and implications of physical and psychological change
- Group discussion to co-create ways to overcome or manage challenges
- In-class time to put together a ‘healthy dancer handbook’ as a living resource they can take forward with them.
- Provision of resources and signposting to good sources of information for further learning
- Follow up visit for questions and discussion – 2 hours within 6 months of session.
To book a course or make an enquiry please get in touch
Interested in booking something different?
Explore the links below to see what else is on offer…